[Movie Review] Orange Japanese Movie

2:21:00 AM




I just finished watching this Japanese drama Orange and my tears are still running down from my eyes. I'm a big fan of Kento and always up to date when it comes to his movies. Since I'm a Filipino and living here in the Philippines, its kinda hard to watch Japanese movie. We international fan struggle in searching for sites that uploads movies, films, dramas of Japanese and also Koreans that has an English Sub. But somehow, we managed to get a hold of a site called Kissasian or ever Dramafever. They upload Japanese films and also Koreans with an English Sub but still it takes time and patience. Let's stop now the introduction and also my anger over not being able to watch my faves as soon as possible but yet thank you Kissasian and Dramafever for doing such jobs for us international fan.

Now, let's get into the movie review which is the main focus of this blog post.

      Orange (Orenji) is a Japanes movie starring Tao Tsuchiya as Naho Tamiya, Kento Yamazaki as Kakeru Naruse, Ryo Ryusei as Hiroto Suwa, Hirona Yamazaki as Takako Chino, Dori Sakurada as Saku Hagita ans Kurumi Shimizu as Azusa Murasaka. It sets in Matsumoto, Nagano Prefecture. Japan. It is a film based on a comic and all about high school student and time traveling.


     The film is about Naho Tamiya who's a 2nd year high school student at Matsumoto. While walking on her way to her school she receives a letter from her future self. Her self from 10 years in the future have regrets. The letter tells about the scenarios and events that will happen in the next days starting the day she receives the letter. The letter also told Naho that a transfer student from Tokyo named Kakeru Naruse will be her seatmate. And it did really happened, they then meet Kakeru. The transfer student Kakeru Naresu is emotionally in pain after his mother died on the day he went to Naho and her friends. After the incident Kakeru died on an accident making Naho and her friends in pain.
    The present Naho, with the knowledge of the future then takes action to save Kakeru from dying and from his dark past.

    The actors/actresses did a great job on representing the characters. I really love how Ryo Ryusei did a great job acting and making Hiroto Suwa's character stand out for me. I like Hiroto Suwa's nice guy attitude and also thinking about Naho and Kakeru first before himself. Of course Kento Yamazaki also did a great job on acting Kakeru Naruse's character. Specially the scene where he reveals about the accident to Naho. I really cried that time. The only thing that I don't enjoy is the main actress' acting. Somehow, her acting is a bit off on some scenes. And also her voice is annoying sometimes. That's all, overall they did a great job.

    The cinematography was also a aspect that needs to be praised. The cinematographer did a great job on lightning  and on visualizing the actors/actresses facial gestures. There are no off scenes and the backgrounds really stand out! I love the cherry blossoms scene and also the last part of the movie where the characters are very happy. (Did I spoil something?)

    The movie is really a masterpiece. The plot was interesting although I felt a bit sad because it doesn't change the future at all, it only does create a new future. The feels reached me. I often cry when there's a scene that a character was crying. I don't regret that I waited for this movie. Kento and Ryo did a great job in this movie for me.
   For the future watchers of this movie I kindly recommend to bring a tissue with you because you will definitely cry a lot as in A LOT! If you like school-based films then this is a shot not to miss. For the 3rd time a Japanese movie made me cry and look ugly. If you're asking was the other two I'll tell you next time! I also recommend to watch this film with your friends because it's also about friendship. It's seriously a friendship goals!

  Thank you so much for reading this one. This is my first ever movie review so please bear with it. I really did my best to express my feelings and thoughts. Thank you and Godbless!

Mari

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe